Responsible for performing structural analysis and complete design calculations using the latest codes (IBC, ASCE 7); prepare construction drawings, specifications and engineering calculations. Client interaction and communication on projects will be expected.
1. Achievement. This is the drive to work towards a standard of excellence. It may reflect individual performance, improvement, result orientation, competitiveness, challenging goals, or innovation.
2. Analytical Thinking. Includes organizing the parts of a problem or a situation, making systematic comparisons of different aspects of it, understanding the implications, setting priorities on a rational basis, identifying time sequences and finding causal relationships.
3. Change Leadership. Initiates and manages change. Has the ability to energize and alert groups to the need for specific changes in the way things are done.
4. Impact and Influence. Implies the intention to persuade or convince others to get their support. It is based on the intent to have a specific impact or effect on the behavior of others who have their own agendas.
5. Initiative. Refers to the action taken to address a current or future problem, obstacle or opportunity. Initiative should be seen in the context of proactively doing things and not simply thinking about future actions.
6. Organizational Awareness. The ability to understand power relationships within the organization or in other relevant organizations. This includes the ability to identify who the real decision-makers and stakeholders are; the individuals who can influence them; and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
7. Teamwork. Implies the readiness to take on the role of team member (as opposed to leader), and to work cooperatively with others. It involves working together, as opposed to working separately or competitively. The team is a group of any size, with or without formal structure, working toward a common objective.
- Implement education-based knowledge of; structural steel, light-gauge steel and concrete design to prepare structural drawings and calculations for building construction of up to 17 stories in height. Building construction types will be a mixture of pre-fabricated components and potentially cast-in-place concrete.
- Provide detailed design and drafting of building components and systems for review by more experienced engineers.
- Seek continued technical and industry mentorship from more experienced engineers.
- Effectively and pro-actively communicate with internal design team and other production engineers.
- Seek constant continued technical education and become proficient in software applications.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering (ABET Accredited) with structural emphasis.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (ABET Accredited) with structural depth.
- Minimum of 0 to 4 years design experience.
- Civil Engineer-in-Training registration (EIT) by FE.
- Candidate must be willing to pursue Professional Engineer (PE) and Structural Engineer (SE) licensure for long-term advancement.
- Educational experience must include building structural design. Material design experience must include structural steel, light-gauge steel, masonry and cast-in-place concrete. Post-tensioned concrete design experience preferred. Knowledge of seismic design for SDC D and above is preferred.
- Experience completing design tasks within budgeted time frame is preferred.
- Working knowledge of current industry software including Revit, MS Office, RAM Concept, ETABS, ROBOT, LPILE, ENERCALC, SP Column and RISA-3D is preferred.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment: This position operates in a typical office environment.
Position Type: This is a full-time, exempt level position.
Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Some light walking around the office is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.