Prescient’s digital design-build system is an efficient, integrated, and transparent approach for developers, architects, and GCs who plan, design, and build multi-family housing and hospitality structures. Designed to revolutionize the building environment, Prescient leverages the power of technology to link standardized architectural design and products, automated structural engineering, precise manufacturing, and rapid on-site assembly. With this powerful digital thread, Prescient is increasing ROI across the entire development, construction, and operating value chain.
This role is responsible for performing and reviewing structural analysis and complete design calculations using the latest codes (IBC, ASCE 7); prepare and manage the production of construction drawings, specifications, and engineering calculations. Client interaction and communication on projects will be expected in addition to the mentorship of designers. This position will also perform engineering-related duties involved with other Prescient business units, including pre-construction, project management, purchasing, planning, and finance.
- Implement working education and experienced-based knowledge of; structural steel, light-gauge steel, and concrete engineering to prepare and review structural drawings and calculations for building construction of up to 17 stories in height. Building construction types will be a mixture of pre-fabricated components and potentially cast-in-place concrete.
- Provide guidance and review work of production engineers’ design results and drafting.
- Provide continued mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Effectively communicate with outside design trades, such as architects and MEP engineers, on the structural limitations of a structural system. Furthermore, be proactive in determining and providing solutions for design challenges as they arise.
- Implement original engineering knowledge to guide economical solutions for field issues.
- Be proactive in suggesting operational changes, as seen appropriate, that would create economy in design time and material required.
- Provide continued engineering guidance to other business entities such as; business development, estimating, product management, research, and development, procurement, manufacturing, logistics, and construction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering (ABET Accredited) with a structural emphasis.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering (ABET Accredited) with structural depth.
- Minimum of 3 to 8 years of design experience.
- Civil Professional Engineer registration (PE) by examination with structural depth.
- Structural Engineer (SE) registration in any state is preferred. The candidate must be willing to pursue SE licensure for further advancement.
- California Professional Engineer (PE) registration is a plus.
- Experience must be with building structural design. Material design experience must include structural steel, light-gauge steel, masonry, and cast-in-place concrete. Post-tensioned concrete design experience preferred. Knowledge of seismic design for SDC D and above is required.
- Experience completing design tasks within a budgeted time frame.
- Experience with federal projects and UFC criteria for progressive collapse is a plus, but not required.
- Working knowledge of current industry software including Revit, MS Office, RAM Concept, ETABS, ROBOT, LPILE, ENERCALC, SP Column, and RISA-3D is preferred
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.