The Shipping Clerk is accountable for executing Finished Goods Warehouse processes in support of business objectives, including management of incoming material flow, inventory control, and support of outbound shipments. They support continuous improvement initiatives and promote a culture of safety, quality, and excellence.
- Support shipping processes, production, safety, and quality programs by following all rules, established processes, and proper work procedures as defined by the supervisor and written procedures
- Manage the flow of incoming finished goods from the manufacturing cells, including the incoming area and any outgoing routes/checks as necessary
- Support and ensure timely completion of loading processes for outbound shipment and picklists, as well as management and clearing of the staging areas
- Executes pick lists as detailed from the Logistics department to stage material and load trucks per the construction shipping schedule
- Inspects bundles coming from production for quality, including that the goods are secure and free of damage
- Evaluates stacking of bundles in bins to ensure the security of the stack
- Respond to inventory process issues: escalate, investigate, and recommend/initiate solutions
- Update and maintain FGW reports as needed
- Responsible for finished goods inventory organization and management
- This role requires the use of heavy equipment for material management, including forklifts
- Follow all established safety guidelines and OSHA requirements; wear required PPE
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Support a culture of safety, quality, and operational excellence
- Work to continuously improve the operations of the department through Lean activities and improvement suggestions
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, including housekeeping and work in other warehouse areas
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred
- Experience with material movement equipment preferred (sit down forklifts, ride-on pallet jacks). Forklift certified highly preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with no DUI’s (CDL preferred). Must have a clean driving record
- Strong PC skills including experience with MS Excel/Word
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to solve practical problems and prioritize workloads
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Able to work shift hours, weekends, and overtime as necessary
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of computerized inventory control systems
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The finished goods warehouse is managed outdoors. The employee will be required to work in outdoor conditions year-round. This position also operates in an industrial manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled and experiences changing temperatures, noises from the use of industrial equipment, and atmospheric conditions such as welding smoke and grinding dust.
This position requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toed work boots, gloves, sleeves, and other PPE as required to weld safety. Loose-fitting clothes are not permitted.
Position Type: This is a full time, non-exempt level position.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is often required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. This position requires the employee to regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will also be required to work in outdoor conditions year-round.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hourly Pay Rate:
$1.00/Hr. differential for second shift.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.