The Shipping Clerk is accountable for executing Finished Goods Warehouse (FGW) processes in support of business objectives, including: management of incoming material flow, inventory control, and support of outbound shipments. They support continuous improvement initiatives, and promote a culture of safety, quality, and excellence.
- Manage flow of incoming finished goods from the manufacturing cells, including the incoming area and any outgoing routes/checks as necessary
- Support and ensure timely completion of loading processes for outbound shipment and picklists, as well as management and clearing of the staging areas
- Executes pick lists as detailed from Logistics department to stage material and load trucks per the construction shipping schedule
- Inspects bundles coming from production for quality, including that the goods are secure and free of damage
- Evaluates stacking of bundles in bins to ensure security of stack
- Respond to inventory process issues: escalate, investigate, and recommend/initiate solutions
- Maintains and organizes the warehouse
- Responsible for finished goods inventory organization and management
- Support culture of safety, quality, and operational excellence
- Participate in and support continuous improvement initiatives
- This role requires use of heavy equipment for material management, including fork lifts and telehandlers
- Update and maintain FGW reports as needed
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of FGW areas
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing processes, proper implementation and ensuring compliance.
- Working knowledge of computerized inventory control systems
- Working knowledge in MS Word, Excel, or similar computer software applications
- Forklift certified
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with no DUI’s (CDL preferred)
- Must have a clean driving record
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Manufacturing plant, with the finished goods managed outdoors.
This is a full time, non-exempt level position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is often required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. This position requires the employee to regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will also be required to work in outdoor conditions year round.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.