The Senior Transportation Manager is responsible for the successful management and execution of all transportation related requirements to support project execution. This includes, but not limited to accurate and timely deliveries to project sites for UTCS materials, coordination of outsourced components to site as needed, inbound shipments of raw materials, collaboration with construction and manufacturing, and transportation vendor management.
- Coordinate and execute transport of Finished Goods from the Final Manufacturing Step to the Installation Site, Including Interim Storage
- Assist in Defining Project Handling Scopes, Schedules, Required Resources, Metrics and Deliverables
- Prepare and Communicate Daily Objectives and Project Planning with Production Team and Area Stakeholders
- Coordinate with Various Functions to Align End Customer Satisfaction with Execution.
- Responsible for Executing the Project Per Plan
- Develop, contract, maintain relationships with critical transportation providers to create a national network capable to meet all project requirements
- Leverage the transportation network to facilitate and reduce vendor cost to move Prescient material to project locations
- Manage transportation plan to ensure budget alignment
- Leadership Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Math, Budgeting & Analytical Skills
This position will oversee the finished goods warehouse team Potential future opportunity for supervisory responsibilities as the business needs require.
This position operates mostly in a typical office environment. Some walking on-site will be required.
This is a full time, exempt level position.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Some light walking around the office is necessary. The position may require walking on a construction site with multiple stories.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.