The Raw Material Warehouse Clerk is accountable for executing RMW processes in support of business objectives, including inventory control, receiving accuracy, and Kanban/POU restock. They support continuous improvement initiatives and promote a culture of safety, quality, and excellence.
- Performance: Safety, Quality, Accuracy, Timeliness, Reliability, and Thoroughness of work performed.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Attention to Detail– Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Basic Aptitude– Ability to learn, adapt, understand, and solve problems.
- Teamwork– Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively with others towards accomplishing department objectives.
- Valuing Diversity– Creates an atmosphere of valuing and accepting others.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with colleagues and others in the organization.
- Support inventory processes, production, safety, and quality programs by following all rules, established processes, and proper work procedures as defined by the supervisor and written procedures.
- Responsible for raw material inventory organization and management
- Execute priorities and ensure timely completion, and accuracy of receiving, and kitting processes to support production goals
- Execute cycle count schedules and perform ERP adjustments to support up to date accuracy of inventory levels
- Perform kitting processes as needed to support production goals
- Manage and restock Kanban/Point of Use locations to prevent manufacturing stockouts and support the accuracy of lot tracking
- Manage consumable and stock out inventory levels, including timely notification to purchasing and planning when reorder points are reached
- Respond to inventory process issues: escalate, investigate, and recommend/initiate solutions
- Receives, stocks, and issues materials, equipment, or merchandise. Verifies and maintains records as required
- Opens and conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage
- or to other designated areas and repackages and labels items as required
- This role requires the use of heavy equipment for material management, including forklifts
- Follow all established safety guidelines and OSHA requirements; wear required PPE
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Support a culture of safety, quality, and operational excellence
- Work to continuously improve the operations of the department through Lean activities and improvement suggestions
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, including housekeeping and work in other production areas
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred
- Experience with material movement equipment preferred (sit down forklifts)
- Strong PC skills including experience with MS Excel/Word
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to solve practical problems and prioritize workloads
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Able to work shift hours, weekends, and overtime as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This position operates in an industrial manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled and experiences changing temperatures, noises from the use of industrial equipment, and atmospheric conditions such as welding smoke and grinding dust.
Production operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toed work boots, welding hood, respirators, welding gloves, sleeves, and other PPE as required to weld safety. Loose-fitting clothes are not permitted.
Position Type: This is a full-time, non-exempt level position.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is often required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee will also be required to work in outdoor conditions year-round. This position requires the employee to regularly lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.