Prescient’s digital design-build system is an efficient, integrated, and transparent approach for developers, architects, and GCs who plan, design, and build multi-family housing and hospitality structures. Designed to revolutionize the building environment, Prescient leverages the power of technology to link standardized architectural design and products, automated structural engineering, precise manufacturing, and rapid on-site assembly. With this powerful digital thread, Prescient is increasing ROI across the entire development, construction, and operating value chain.
The Raw Materials Supervisor is responsible for monitoring the plant cycle count program; ensure consistency and accuracy and identify all operational problems in inventory. This role leads a team of 4+ employees to manage material movement and ensure inventory accuracy in support of manufacturing operations. This role will also support and maintain stocking levels for all assigned departments.
- Industry knowledge – Knowledge of the manufacturing industry, raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen events.
- Administration and Employee Management – Experience overseeing and/or directing both exempt and non-exempt employees. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in tactical planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision-Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct a large hourly organization towards company goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals.
- Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enable everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Accomplishes inventory control results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate shift operations of inventory activities by organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitors inventory, receipts, scrap entry, and other inventory-related data to accurately maintain inventory levels of production material. This includes, but is not limited to KPI’s, audits to ensure cycle count accuracy, inventory turns, and other reports deemed necessary.
- Respond to inventory process issues: escalate, investigate, and recommend/initiate solutions.
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures for inventory control, including proper locations, and product number labels.
- Confers with other departments to coordinate the flow of materials and resolve errors.
- Takes direction from the 2nd shift OperationsMaterials Manager regarding inventory targets, manpower, delivery, and process alignment.
- Coordinate cycle counts and manages the end of the year inventory process.
- Manages inventory loss and gain and provides insights to process gaps that drive results. Provides guidance regarding inventory variances.
- Conduct employee training in inventory operations or work and safety procedures as necessary.
- Drive a culture of accountability, safety, lean manufacturing, and quality.
- Identify areas to optimize or improve process efficiency, or opportunities for automation.
- Participate in daily/weekly plant meetings and provide critical updates from inventory areas.
- Performs daily Gemba walkthroughs and addresses urgent action items identified such as safety, cleanliness, Hr-Hr & SQDC boards, and proper operation technique.
- Work will consist of greater than 75% floor time, less than 25% administrative tasks.
- Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
- Ensure that inventory operation is consistent with Lean manufacturing practices.
- Daily shift meetings & reports
- Timecard management
- Shift handoff
- Mentoring & coaching personnel
- High School diploma required. Certificate or Degree in business, Supply Chain, or related field highly preferred.
- 3+ years of proven experience in a Supervisory or similar role building teams, developing direct reports & managing in a dynamic work environment.
- Inventory control experience and warehouse operations in an ERP environment are highly preferred.
- Must have strong leadership, oral and written presentation communication skills, team player mentality, negotiation skills, self-motivation, and a contributor attitude.
- Ability to handle a fast pace working environment, changing production demands, and a willingness to work weekends as needed if project demands.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.