The Quality Specialist is responsible for maintaining compliance with quality standards through inspections of incoming materials and parts, in-process production, and finished products.
- Must be able to represent Prescient in a professional manner, reflecting the Prescient’s Core Values and Leadership Principles.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with people at all levels.
- Knowledge of quality philosophy and principles.
- Applied knowledge of quality in a manufacturing environment.
- Be a champion of safety.
- Approval of incoming materials by confirming specifications: conducting visual and measurement inspections, rejecting and returning unacceptable materials and/or parts.
- Approval of in-process production by confirming specifications: conducting visual inspections and measurement tests, communicating required adjustments to production and quality.
- Inspection of finished products by confirming specifications: conducting visual inspections and measurement tests, returning products for rework, confirming rework.
- Perform and participate in process audits as requested by Quality Manager.
- Completing and submitting inspection and audits reports in an efficient/timely manner.
- Document and investigate nonconformances in Quality Management System.
- Follow up with root cause and corrective actions to quality issues.
- Read and interpret technical prints, drawings, and production specifications.
- Help to input data and assure that the information in MetalTrace is properly documented.
- Maintain traceability and calibration reports for all inspection tools.
- Assist with the development and implementation of quality systems, procedures and quality metrics.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures and regulations.
As requested by the Quality Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience working with a multifunctional team
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes
- Ability and willingness to travel when required
- Continually embrace personal and professional development
- Ability to support multi-shift operations as needed
Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
5+ years of related work experience
Secondary education preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a typical manufacturing plant and office environment.
This is a full time, non-exempt level position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee. This person must be able to perform normal office duties, sitting for extended periods of time and attending meetings as required. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Lifting requirements include lifting up to 50-75 pounds. The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.