The Quality Manager provides on-site leadership and management of the Manufacturing Quality function as described below.
- Industry knowledge – Must possess the knowledge of Quality philosophy, concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles: Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events.
- Analytical, Problem Solving and Decision-Making Skills: Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicate decisions based on business needs.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills: The ability to conduct professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors and others in the organization.
- Results Focused: Drive to consistently achieve or exceed targets and goals within determined timeframe and Quality expectations.
- Conflict Resolution Skills: Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common ground that enables everyone to work together.
- System Thinker: Ability to understand systems and process flow.
- Maintain and optimize an effective quality management system.
- Implement the company’s quality plan at the plant level to achieve the manufacturing quality objectives.
- Support the continuous enhancement of the company’s products through the implementation of appropriate problem-solving tools, prevention methods and continuous improvement techniques.
- Communicate with the operations teams all appropriate customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to assure product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the Quality Management System to assure compliance with Quality programs and accreditations
- Works with Prescient manufacturing teams to ensure that individuals performing functions affecting quality are trained and able to demonstrate the appropriate skills and performance results.
- Coordinates necessary plant personnel for internal, customer and third-party quality system audits.
- Maintains the plant wide non-conformance system for manufacturing and receiving defects. Supports efforts for defect elimination in manufacturing and installation.
- Implements the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate plant performance and trends in product quality, services, customer satisfaction and the Cost of Poor Quality to target improvement efforts.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all Quality department employees.
- Helps to support and develop a culture of safety and promote safety and housekeeping.
- Encourages and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Supports manufacturing team initiatives for Quality Improvement activities.
- Monitors and reports supplier quality to ensure desired levels of performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- All other duties as assigned by the Quality Department leadership.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience in Quality Management or Quality Engineering roles.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of related work experience. Secondary education preferred.
- CQM/CQE or SSGB or Lean certifications /experience preferred.
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) in accordance with the provisions of AWS QC1 or the equivalent requirements of the Canadian Standards Association (CSA) Standard W178.2 or ICC Structural Steel and Bolting Special Inspector, or Structural Welding Special Inspector.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This person will supervise all on-site Quality Plant Ops personnel.
Work Environment: This position operates in a typical manufacturing plant and office environment.
Position Type: This is a full time, exempt level position.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee. This person must be able to perform normal office duties, sitting for extended periods of time and attending meetings as required. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Lifting requirements include lifting up to 50-75 pounds. The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.