The Quality Engineer is responsible for development of sustainable Quality processes and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Industry knowledge – Must possess the knowledge of Quality philosophy, concepts and principles.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles: Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events.
- Analytical, Problem Solving and Decision-Making Skills: Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicate decisions based on business needs.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills: The ability to conduct professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors and others in the organization.
- Results Focused: Drive to consistently achieve or exceed targets and goals within determined timeframe and Quality expectations.
- Conflict Resolution Skills: Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common ground that enables everyone to work together.
- System Thinker: Ability to understand systems and process flow.
- Assist with development, implementation and sustainability of the Enterprise Quality System as it pertains to various Prescient project lifecycle management stages, including Design, Manufacturing, Construction and systems integration.
- Map out and write process documentation for Prescient processes related to Construction and Design.
- Drive actively participate and support Prescient lean efforts through Kaizen events and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Effectively interact with Manufacturing, Materials Management, Production & Process Engineering and other key teams to maintain product supply.
- Maintain and oversee the document control system, perform all necessary data transactions related to data availability to production, procedures and compliance documentation.
- Support nonconformance management processes through root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Support data collection, measurement and analysis of cost of poor quality.
- Work with Procurement and Logistic to enforce Quality requirements in supplier selection as well as in deliverables from external suppliers and fabricators.
- Ensure tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product modifications are investigated if necessary.
- Write technical systems reports and synthesize findings of defect investigations
- Bring together staff of different disciplines to help drive the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive Quality procedures.
- Maintain awareness of the business context and company profitability, including budgetary control issues.
- Liaison with customers, auditors and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with specifications.
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports.
- Identifying relevant Quality-related training needs and delivering this training, if necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction or business
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience in manufacturing or construction environments
- Exceptional technical writing skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- CQE or SSGB or Lean certifications /experience preferred.
- Construction experience preferred.
As requested by the Director of Quality and Compliance.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position typically operates in a manufacturing plant, on construction job sites and office environment. Travel up to 50% is required.
This is a full time, exempt level position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This person must be able to perform normal office duties, sit for extended periods of time, walk for up to 8 hours and attend meetings as required. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Lifting requirements include lifting up to 50-75 pounds.