Prescient Co. is looking for an experienced Project Executive who develops and implements a plan and supervises a single large or multiple construction projects from start to finish. This position is responsible for delivering the project(s) in the safest, most effective and efficient manner possible, with the support of the project teams and input from other stakeholders. The ideal candidate must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills. The preferred candidate should have experience working for a major trade that is a sub-contractor to the General Contractor (GC) and has the ability to effectively negotiate and communicate with the GC.
The Project Executive develops and implements a plan to deliver the required project and services in the most effective and efficient manner possible, with the support of the project teams and input from external stakeholders. This position is responsible for managing all Company contact with new and existing clients. The Project Executive may oversee a single large project or multiple projects. This position is responsible for generating business, negotiating contracts, estimating, bidding, profit/loss of assigned projects, and supervision of project management staff.
- Proven ability to successfully fulfill project objectives
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships within and outside of the organization
- Proven track record of project financial success
- Coordinate a single or multiple project teams, working cross functionally with design and engineering, estimating, pre-construction and site teams, responsible for delivering project on schedule and budget
- Manage customers (developer and / or general contractors), sub-contractors and other stakeholders or partners as needed
- Provide technical expertise on cost estimates, negotiate contracts and change orders, and establish project objectives. Actively engage in value engineering through all phases of design to ensure highest quality at lowest costs
- Manage permitting process
- Develop and recommend standard operating policies and procedures for all development and construction activities
- Maintain quality control of all drawings and confirm all details are accurate, consistent and up-to-date
- Resolve field construction problems and change orders to minimize cost and schedule impacts
- Confer with project team to identify client expectations and to develop related project strategies
- Lead project team in development of Project Execution Plan
- Assist in overseeing cost control and change management systems
- Oversee execution and updates of initial master schedule
- Oversee preparation of reports regarding financial performance of the project, including change orders and regular budget updates
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including estimating, progress, pre-construction and construction meetings
- Assist in overseeing project close-out
- Conduct quality inspections
- Communicate, promote and enforce Prescient Safety and Environmental Program
- Develop skills and mentor project management employees, including conducting employee evaluations per Prescient’s guidelines, as required
- Stay current on regulations and construction technologies
Skills and Qualifications:
- Leadership skills to manage and develop a team, work as part of a team, ability to delegate work appropriately, excellent decision-making/problem-solving and prioritization skills, develop and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders.
- A focus on results and a strong drive for success, and motivated for team success
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft office products – we are a technology-driven organization so comfort in utilizing systems is critical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of financial operations
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- 7-10 years of relevant experience preferably with a major trade that is a sub-contractor to the GC
Supervisory Responsibilities: This person will supervise employees within the construction division
Work Environment: This position operates in both the office environment and the construction site environment, year-round in various climates.
Position Type: This is a full time, exempt level position
Physical Demands: Working conditions are a typical construction site with uneven surfaces, outdoor activity in all weather, extensive use of ladders. Must be capable to work in these conditions, lift up to 50 lbs, walk/stand 8 hours daily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.