The purpose of this role is to assist with the training and mentoring of Prescient Manufacturing employees while increasing efficiency and production outputs.
Manufactures products by organizing workflow, creating teamwork within teams, and by improving processes.
- Maintains quality specifications by adhering to processes and enforcing Prescient standards. Accomplishes manufacturing production goals and maintains PRESCIENT quality standards by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and coaching.
- Maintains production goals by filling in for any absences, helping personnel who need additional training, helping work cells that are falling behind in either roll forming or assembling panels.
- Maintains work flow through adherence to policies and processes of assigned work cells, monitor progress towards production and quality goals, monitor personnel and resources, initiating and fostering cooperation within and between work cells; facilitate corrections to malfunctions within process control points.
- Gains knowledge of Lean manufacturing philosophy and techniques and ensures that they are implemented consistently in his/her area of responsibility. Strongly supports and encourages participation in kaizen activities and promotes the Lean initiatives to company employees.
- Maintains visual controls in the working area per requirements. Encourages teamwork within and outside the department to improve processes and performance.
- Ensures operation of equipment by enforcing preventative maintenance schedules, calling for repairs, evaluating equipment, coaching on the proper usage of equipment and tools.
- Maintains a safe working environment by coaching of proper ergonomic techniques, routine safety training, maintaining compliance with established safety policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with Senior Lead and Supervisor, analyzes data on the Hr-Hr boards, investigating issues, identifying solutions, and recommending action to supervisor.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending all safety and training meetings, routine meetings with shift supervisor, and by increasing knowledge of company policies and goals.
- Contributes to team effort by completing additional tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring that staff stay on task to meet production goals, informing the Supervisor or any down time, broken equipment, etc.
- Maintain tools, supply inventory, and alerts PSP upon need for replenishment
- Work closely with the area supervisor to ensure consistent and clear communication regarding safety, production employees the importance of wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Lead the daily effort for the cell to achieve the production targets.
- The Lead must be aware of any unsafe practices for both employees and company equipment. It is also the Lead’s responsibility to oversee the proper PPE is being used for the operation.
- During the end of the shift, the Lead must ensure that the cell condition is acceptable for the next shift’s successful start. It is unacceptable to turn over the cell to the next shift in a poor and unclean condition.
- Any equipment damaged must be reported to the Maintenance Manager and the Lead’s supervisor.
- The Lead must ensure the Hr-Hr board sheets are filled out at the end of the shift. The Lead must also have a written carry-over filled out documenting any significant issues that occurred on the shift which the next shift’s Lead should be made aware.
- Work closely with Quality and Process Engineering to determine required equipment and production methods via established work procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- This role has no supervisory responsibilities
This position operates in a plant environment.
Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel toed work boots, welding hood, respirators, welding gloves, sleeves and other PPE as required to weld safety. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
This is a full time, non-exempt level position. Hours are dependent on the shift worked.
The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Other requirements include:
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull a maximum force of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work proficiently with hands and wrists and be able to grasp objects
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours
- Must be able to recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools
- Must be able to operate machinery and be able to operate foot controls on equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hourly Pay Rate:
$20.00 to $22.00
Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Basic Employee Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
Employee Assistant Program
401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.