The Product Manager will establish, define and drive the short and long-term technology roadmap for their specific product category, including developing the vision, roadmap, and project plan. The role is responsible for leading execution across a cross functional team to deliver on the roadmap, manage budget and resource estimates, and scope and prioritize business requirements. They proactively monitor, manage and report on execution of deliverables through all project phases. Capable of managing multiple and large complex projects which cross organizational areas.
- Extensive leadership interacting with a large range of stakeholders. Experience with complex projects, budgeting and cost control.
- IBC competencies with type V, III, II and I residential construction
- Ability to manage multiple aspects of the project including working with various departments, supply chain vendors, and software developers
- Budget management ability
- Ability to translate a vision into a tactical execution plan with discrete deliverables
- Project management skills
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrix environment
- Ability to tailor communications to audiences at multiple levels and drive appropriate action
- Strong critical thinking & prioritization skills
- Ability to interpret business challenges from multiple functional lenses and propose creative solutions
- Ability to manage the interdependencies between processes, data, technology, and business outcomes
- High motivation and comfort with self-direction
- Ability to manage ambiguity and create structure
- Serve as the ultimate owner for product launch timelines and ensure product launches are successful as per business goals. Manage product development timelines, budgets, tasks, risks, and risk mitigation actions. Maintain a company-wide schedule for all tasks that are necessary to develop and launch a product.
- Ensure all departments and stakeholders are aware of their tasks and timelines. Partner with multiple leaders and departments to drive schedule accountability and ensure product development/launches are delivered as per business goals.
- Proactively highlight risks and works across the organization to drive risk mitigation actions.
- Develop, maintain and own product strategy and roadmap. This requires deep understanding of the customer requirements and determining the value proposition.
- Partner with A&E, Pre-Construction, Construction, Manufacturing, Logistics, Supply Chain, Finance, BD, and Portal teams to understand their needs and align technology roadmap.
- Partner with R&D and Software Development to ensure their execution milestones will deliver product launches as per business timelines
- Responsible for scoping potential projects & prioritizing based on effort vs. impact
- Driving cost reduction through standardization. Partner with Finance to measure product financial performance (costs, revenue, ROI, etc.). Drive efforts to reduce product costs across each department and increase ROI.
- Effective communication across a wide variety of disciplines and experience levels, both written and verbal
This position has no supervisory duties at this time but must successfully direct and influence members from multiple groups across the company.
This position operates primarily in the office but may frequently be in the field in a construction site environment or manufacturing environment.
This is a full time, exempt level position.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
There will also be some walking on construction sites that include multiple stories of unfinished buildings, climbing ladders, stairs and some light walking around the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.