The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for procurement and buying related services for manufacturing and MRO operations as well as supporting construction procurement as needed. Help plan and procure all material for consumable inventory at all manufacturing sites. Coordinate and manage deliveries of consumable goods as well as provide shipping details to project sites. Works collaboratively with production, inventory management, logistics, and project management to support delivery of materials and to ensure on time delivery.
· Industry knowledge – Knowledge of the manufacturing industry, raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events.
· Analytical, Problem Solving and Decision- Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
· Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within determined timeframe and quality expectations.
· Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enables everyone to work together.
· Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors and others in the organization.
· Plans and procures all materials and products for construction project sites to include requisition management and purchase order transactions
· Tracks site materials from requisition to delivery
· Assess areas of service concern and develop improvement plans
· Ensure material specifications meet specified requirements
· Drives resolution of procurement issues, reacting quickly in response
· Organizes and maintains filing of purchase orders and shipping documentation
· Ability to prioritize multiple requests and execute procurement strategy in an effective manner
· Provides real time budgetary updates through purchase order commitments in the construction management software platform.
· Communicates to construction site leadership and field teams when material issues have a potential impact to operations.
- Helps manage and monitor overall supplier performance through effective communication and coordination
- Helps to prepare reports and measurements for vendor KPI
- Performs all job functions in accordance with SOP’s and in compliance with financial requirements
- Supports and helps develop current and new SOP to better manage daily tasks
- Help maintain procurement data within ERP and purchasing systems
- Adheres to all applicable procedures, company policies and any other quality or regulatory requirements, internal or external.
Key Performance Indicators:
· On time release of purchase orders
· On-time delivery of material in alignment with dates provided by requisition platform
· Successful development and execution of the procurement plan
· Customer service indicators
· Alignment with project budget
· High School Diploma required.
· Certificate or Degree in business, technical or relevant field highly preferred
- Prior experience in construction material procurement is highly preferred
- Oracle ERP experience preferred
- Ability to be highly organized and pivot to multiple different projects quickly
- Receives little supervision for most assignments. Receives general instructions for nonstandard assignments
- Ability to work independently and make responsible and accountable decisions
- Demonstrated experience working with a multifunctional team
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to support a multi-site environment
- Ability to work a varying work schedule
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical for the successful candidate
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This position operates in a typical office environment.
Position Type: This is a full-time, exempt level position
Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Some light walking around the office is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.