The Production Assembler – Post Cell work as part of a team having responsibility for producing components by assembling parts and subassemblies.
- Performance: Safety, Quality, Accuracy, Timeliness, Reliability, and Thoroughness of work performed.
- Results Focused: Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Attention to Detail: Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Basic Aptitude: Ability to learn, adapt, understand, and solve problems.
- Teamwork: Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively with others towards accomplishing department objectives.
- Valuing Diversity: Creates an atmosphere of valuing and accepting others.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills: The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with colleagues and others in the organization.
- Support production, safety, and quality programs by following all rules, established processes, and proper work procedures as defined by the supervisor, written procedure, or Digital Manufacturing Order (DMO).
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly work instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials. Must access the Digital Manufacturing Order (DMO) for specific work instructions.
- Positions material from the material cart onto the proper assembly work surface
- Assembles components as necessary, and as described in the specific work instructions (either paper or digital).
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements as defined by work instructions and supervisor. This includes inspecting the rivet guns for wear and proper function.
- Keeps the area clean by sweeping loose rivets from the floor. Also disconnects the air lines from the rivet gun during breaks and lunch.
- Documents assembly activity actions by completing production and quality forms as required including the DMO and the Hour-Hour boards.
- Completes production and quality forms.
- Uses and operates power tools and material handling equipment
- Follow all established safety guidelines and OSHA requirements; wear required PPE
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Assists other employees as required to ensure production targets are satisfied.
- Work to continuously improve the operations of the department through Lean activities and improvement suggestions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, including housekeeping and work in other production areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Detail-oriented and able to identify maintenance, product, or operations issues
- Ability to use rivet gun, drill, and screw gun
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Able to work shift hours, weekends, and overtime as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This position operates in an industrial manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled and experiences changing temperatures, noises from the use of industrial equipment, and atmospheric conditions such as welding smoke and grinding dust.
Production operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toed work boots, gloves, sleeves, and other PPE as required. Loose-fitting clothes are not permitted.
Position Type: This is a full time, non-exempt level position. Hours are dependent on the shift worked.
Physical Demands: The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Other requirements include:
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work proficiently with hands and wrists and be able to grasp objects
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours
- Must be able to recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools
- Must be able to operate machinery and be able to operate foot/hand controls on equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hourly Pay Rate:
$1.00/Hr. differential for second shift.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.