The Plant Manager is responsible for the general manufacturing facility supervision (direct and indirect), and for all phases of plant operations including production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, and shipping, primarily utilizing lean manufacturing principles. This position works closely with all functional teams to increase productivity and profitability within the manufacturing operations of Prescient. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing Operations.
- Industry knowledge – Knowledge of the manufacturing industry, raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen events.
- Administration and Employee Management – Experience overseeing and/or directing both exempt and non-exempt employees. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in tactical planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision-Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct a large hourly organization towards company goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals.
- Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enables everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Provide leadership to Plant Operations by giving direction relative to the procedures and systems that will ensure that the Plant is operating in the most cost-effective manner possible
- Provide daily managerial leadership of supervisors and employees from multiple departments to meet production and capacity planning needs
- Oversee all daily operations of the plant, and develop processes, using the tools that will maximize safety, quality, and productivity
- Manages and coordinates activities of workers engaged in all phases of plant operation
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed plant deliverables
- Increase production, assets capacity, and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Implement strategies in alignment with tools and provide a clear sense of direction
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Support and drive the continuous improvement and lean initiatives of the plant
- Ensure production support to all RCCA events that are required
- Encourage employee development, instilling a result-oriented culture and a technically driven improvement approach
- Works with cross-functional teams proactively to identify, communicate, and resolve potential operating issues that may impact production.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Apply leadership and expertise to technical operational problems to optimize operating efficiencies
- Apply sound root cause analysis and create alternatives for related problems
- Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping 5S program, including all timely communication initiatives.
- Responsibilities may also include recruiting, hiring, and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep and capital improvements.
- Mentoring and coaching plant leadership and direct reports
- Understands and follows the escalation protocol
- 5-10 years of plant leadership experience either as Plant Manager, Operations Leader or Plant Superintendent in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field is highly preferred
- Must have experience in metric-driven operations focused on cost, quality, delivery, and safety metrics and improvements
- Demonstrates integrity, flexibility, sound judgment, and strong critical thinking skills
- Experience in recruiting, developing, and retaining an effective supervisory/management team
- Ability to react well under pressure and treat others with respect
- Ability to commit to a regular work schedule with excellent attendance
- Continual Improvement, utilizing Lean Manufacturing, Compliance, QC, and 5s principles
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will oversee all plant operations and cross-functional teams within the assigned manufacturing facility.
Work Environment: This position operates in an industrial manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled and experiences changing temperatures, noises from the use of industrial equipment, and atmospheric conditions such as welding smoke and grinding dust.
Position Type: This is a full-time, exempt-level position.
Physical Demands: Vision acuity, corrected or uncorrected, capable of reading documents, blueprints, gauges, equipment settings, calibration instruments, parts labels, and written materials. Speech and hearing capacity appropriate for frequent person to person and phone- based conversations and meetings. Ability to move around the plant and walking around manufacturing environment. Tolerance for wearing protective apparel and devices. Working frequently in a hot, noisy environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Annual Pay Rate: $120,000 to $130,000
Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Basic Employee Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
Employee Assistant Program
401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.