The Plant Manager is responsible for the manufacturing facility for general supervision (direct and indirect) of all phases of plant operations including: production, quality control, maintenance, receiving, and shipping, primarily utilizing lean manufacturing principles. Responsibilities also include recruiting, hiring and training personnel and facility/physical plant up-keep and capital improvements. This position will work closely with all functional teams to increase productivity and profitability within the manufacturing operations of Prescient. Reporting to the Vice President, Operations.
- Work closely with the Environmental Health and Safety Manager to ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing principles to drive efficiency, productivity and continuous improvement. Drive process improvements through Kaizen events, cross training of employees and front line maintenance.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Develop and execute the plant manufacturing budgets.
- Analyze workforce requirements. Coordinate the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to insure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping 5S program, including all timely communication initiatives.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to all operations employees.
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
- Remove production constraints; allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain all established goals.
- Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Communicate with research and development as well as product management personnel to develop new product strategies.
- Decision making
- Interpersonal Skills
- Planning and organization
3-5 years of plant leadership either as Plant Manager or Operations Leader
This position will oversee all plant operations and all employees including production supervisors and the maintenance team for their designated location(s).
This position operates in a plant and office environment.
This is a full time, exempt level position.
This position will require regular walking around the plant for the duration of their day.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.