Performs manual labor on a production floor. Loads, unload, and move materials inside and outside of the plant or worksite including secondary storage locations.
- Support production, safety, and quality programs by following all rules, established processes, and proper work procedures as defined by the supervisor, written procedure, or Digital Manufacturing Order (DMO).
- Handle materials throughout the plant and worksite including loading and unloading of materials.
- Load, unload, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site, performing any combination of the following duties: Reads work order, creates documents on the computer, and follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
- Opens containers, using steel cutters, crowbar, claw hammer, or other hand tools.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit, using hand tools.
- Conveys materials to or from storage or work sites to designated area, using hand truck, electric dolly, forklift, or other devices.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist, or signals crane or hoisting operators to move the load to destination.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or using a power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment, using a broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Check all assembly stations to make sure they have parts, refill as necessary.
- Sprays and tapes the trusses and move them to the designated areas for storage.
- Operates computer for manufacturing orders (MOs).
- May occasionally count inventory and use the computer to upload information.
- Loads the drill line with material according to specifications.
- Supports and assists other operators that are moving parts on a forklift.
- Follow all established safety guidelines and OSHA requirements; wear required PPE
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Work to continuously improve the operations of the department through Lean activities and improvement suggestions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, including housekeeping and work in other production areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training highly preferred
- Forklift certification highly preferred
- Detail-oriented and able to identify maintenance, product, or operations issues
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Able to work shift hours, weekends, and overtime as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This position operates in an industrial manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled and experiences changing temperatures, noises from the use of industrial equipment, and atmospheric conditions such as welding smoke and grinding dust.
Production operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toed work boots, welding gloves, sleeves, and other PPE as required. Loose-fitting clothes are not permitted.
Position Type: This is a full time, non-exempt level position. Hours are dependent on the shift worked.
Physical Demands: The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Other requirements include:
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull a maximum force in excess of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work proficiently with hands and wrists and be able to grasp objects
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours
- Must be able to recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools
- Must be able to operate machinery and be able to operate foot controls on equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hourly Pay Rate:
$1.00/Hr. differential for second shift.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.