The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for managing and supervising personnel and processes on their assigned shift. This will include multiple cells and approximately over 50 employees. The Shift Supervisor is responsible for operator safety, OSHA compliance, and proper production processes to ensure the continuous flow of high-quality products from the plant in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Industry knowledge – Knowledge of the manufacturing industry, general safety standards, production processes, cost controls, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events.
- Administration and Employee Management – Experience overseeing and/or directing both exempt and non-exempt employees. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in tactical planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision- Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct a large diverse workforce towards company goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals.
- Conflict Resolutions Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common ground that enables everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors and others in the organization.
- Meets manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Takes direction from Operations Leader regarding production targets, manpower, delivery, and process alignment.
- Direct and coordinate shift operations of manufacturing activities by organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Deliver quality products and services on time to achieve business objectives within established plant metrics.
- Responsible for site safety. Ensure compliance with all OSHA, Environmental, and all City, State, and US regulations.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures as necessary.
- Works with cross-functional production teams proactively to identify, communicate, and resolve potential operating issues that may impact production.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
- Performs daily Gemba walkthroughs and addresses urgent action items identified during Gemba walks such as safety, cleanliness, Hr-Hr & SQDC boards, and proper operation technique.
- Work will consist of greater than 85% floor time, less than 15% administrative tasks.
- Ensuring that cell operation is consistent with Lean manufacturing practices
- Daily shift meetings & reports
- Timecard management
- Mentoring and coaching personnel
- Shift handoffs
- Consistently communicate with Plant Management
- Understands and follows the escalation protocol
- 5-7 years proven experience as a Supervisor or similar role
- High School Diploma. Certificate or Degree in business, technical or relevant field highly preferred.
- Experience in using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Supervisory Responsibilities: This person will be responsible for 50+ employees.
Work Environment: This position operates in an industrial manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled and experiences changing temperatures, noises from the use of industrial equipment, and atmospheric conditions such as welding smoke and grinding dust.
Position Type: This is a full-time, exempt-level position.
Physical Demands: The position will require walking in the plant for the duration of their day. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.