Prescient’s digital design-build system is an efficient, integrated, and transparent approach for developers, architects, and GCs who plan, design, and build multi-family housing and hospitality structures. Designed to revolutionize the building environment, Prescient leverages the power of technology to link standardized architectural design and products, automated structural engineering, precise manufacturing, and rapid on-site assembly. With this powerful digital thread, Prescient is increasing ROI across the entire development, construction, and operating value chain.
The Manufacturing Production Engineer will apply engineering principles and a hands-on approach to drive operational excellence. The role requires collaboration with cross-functional teams to effectively support operations and enforce process adherence. This position may require after-hours or weekend support as necessary.
- Track and understand Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE).
- Gather feedback from internal and external stakeholders, analyze, and coordinate/implement improvement opportunities.
- Support manufacturing expansion and step-change activities, ensuring all equipment meet cycle time expectations.
- Provide technical direction and leadership to Maintenance, Planning, and Operations.
- Enforce process adherence to all defined processes and indicate any gaps that exist in the controlled documentation. Update and/or create new process documents as required.
- Coordinate projects from planning through execution phases. The Manufacturing Production Engineer shall create and track project schedules, budgets, and make all necessary adjustments to keep projects on track.
- Promote Lean Manufacturing concepts and methodologies such as 5S, Kaizen Events, and other Lean Manufacturing and process improvement activities.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis for Safety, Quality, and Efficiency Issues.
- Track and analyze machine capability using Six Sigma methodology.
- Work with Process Engineering, Product Engineering, and Operations Management to continuously improve processes from design to implementation. Act as a conduit between Operations and Process Engineering and Product Engineering.
- Comprehend mechanical drawings and electronic schematics to ensure product tolerances and specifications are met.
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Contribute to equipment programming and setup for manufacturing to ensure product specifications are met.
- Monitor manufacturing activities for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) concerns; report potentially unsafe conditions and safety concerns.
- Be proactive in suggesting operational changes, as seen appropriate, that would create economy in process and product.
- Support adherence to the machine downtime escalation plan by ensuring pass-down information is clear and concise, equipment downtime is minimized, and issue resolutions are identified and executed.
- As needed and instructed, be accountable with ultimate responsibility for the implementation of improvement initiatives through means of following ISO Project Management standards.
- Continuously maintain a mentality that seeks ever-lasting professional learning and development.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience. Experience in the construction industry is highly preferred.
- Ability to apply a multidisciplinary approach to teamwork
- Ability to establish responsive and adaptable workplace culture within the organization.
- Ability to drive changes/improvements based on technical evaluations.
- Ability to perform cost analysis and evaluation.
- Ability to lead and coach manufacturing staff and junior engineers
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma knowledge and experience are highly preferred.
Position Type: Full-time exempt level position
Physical Demands: This person must be able to perform normal office duties, sitting for extended periods of time and attending meetings as required. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The position will frequently require walking in the manufacturing plant and occasionally lifting up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.