This individual will be responsible for leadership of production personnel and processes. This will include multiple shifts and approximately 60 Manufacturing employees per shift, each with a shift supervisor. The Operations Manager is responsible for operator safety, OSHA compliance, production and proper production processes to ensure on time delivery of quality product from the plant in compliance with all regulatory requirements. This position reports to the Plant Manager in Arvada, Colorado.
- Responsible for all production activities within the plant
- Takes direction from the Plant Manager regarding: production targets, manpower, delivery and process alignment
- Support and lead plant during absence of Plant Manager
- Support and lead shift supervisors
- Direct and coordinate shift operations of manufacturing activities
- Deliver quality products and services on time to achieve business objectives within established budget
- Responsible for site safety. Ensure compliance with all OSHA, Environmental, and all City, State and US regulations
- Responsible for performance monitoring and review, personnel accountability, hourly personnel time and attendance and disciplinary action
- Coordinate with Maintenance to ensure optimized equipment uptime
- Works with cross functional production teams proactively to identify, communicate, and resolve potential operating issues that may impact production
- Aligning manpower as necessary to achieve business needs
- Addressing urgent action items identified during Gemba walks such as: safety, cleanliness, Hr-Hr & SQDC boards and proper operation technique
- Work will consist of greater than 50% floor time, less than 50% administrative tasks
- Actively drive continuous improvement & lead lean events to drive productivity
- Additional hours may be required to deliver company targets and demand
- Ensuring that cell operation is consistent with Lean manufacturing practices
- Daily shift meetings & reports
- Time clock management
- Mentoring and coaching personnel
- Shift hand offs
- Consistently communicate with Shift Leads, Supervisors, and Plant Manager
- Responsible for resolving daily production issues such as: personnel, quality and productivity.
- Understands and follows the escalation protocol.
- Industry knowledge – Knowledge of the manufacturing and construction industries.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events.
- Employee Management – Experience overseeing and/or directing both exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Analytical, Problem Solving and Decision-Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct a large hourly organization towards company goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors and others in the organization.
This person will be responsible for one to multiple shifts of operations. Each shift will have a Supervisor.
This position operates in an industrial manufacturing environment.
This is a full time, exempt level position.
The position will require walking in the plant for the duration of their day.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hiring Range: $80,000 to $90,000
Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Basic Employee Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
Employee Assistant Program
401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.