Prescient’s digital design-build system is an efficient, integrated, and transparent approach for developers, architects, and GCs who plan, design, and build multi-family housing and hospitality structures. Designed to revolutionize the building environment, Prescient leverages the power of technology to link standardized architectural design and products, automated structural engineering, precise manufacturing, and rapid on-site assembly. With this powerful digital thread, Prescient is increasing ROI across the entire development, construction, and operating value chain.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technician for our Mebane manufacturing operations. This role handles facility maintenance which will include building maintenance, electrical repairs, installations, indoor lighting, and plant equipment maintenance.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
- Attendance incentive program
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- Performance: Safety, Quality, Accuracy, Timeliness, Reliability, and Thoroughness of work performed.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Attention to Detail– Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Basic Aptitude– Ability to learn, adapt, understand, and solve problems.
- Teamwork– Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively with others towards accomplishing department objectives.
- Valuing Diversity– Creates an atmosphere of valuing and accepting others.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with colleagues and others in the organization.
- Support production, safety, and quality programs by following all rules, established processes, and proper work procedures as defined by the supervisor
- Read and understand blueprints, machine specifications, and work orders
- Completes machine set up and adjustments for roll formers, robotic welder, CNC Horizontal Mill, and CNC laser
- Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and controls issues to eliminate downtime
- Maintain records of maintenance on all plant equipment
- Perform PMs as required on manufacturing equipment
- Maintain supplies for critical spares, facility lighting, and HVAC maintenance
- Maintain and repair all facilities equipment including HVAC, lighting, plumbing, compression systems, and electrical
- Maintain fleet vehicles
- Uses and operates power tools and material handling equipment
- Follow all established safety guidelines and OSHA requirements; wear required PPE
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Work to continuously improve the operations of the department through Lean activities and improvement suggestions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, including housekeeping
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 3-5 years of work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred
- Strong understanding of general maintenance processes and methods
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Detail-oriented and able to identify maintenance, product, or operations issues
- Ability to operate cranes, hoists, and other moving or lifting equipment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Able to work shift hours, weekends, and overtime as necessary
Work Environment: This position operates in an industrial manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled and experiences changing temperatures, noises from the use of industrial equipment, and atmospheric conditions such as welding smoke and grinding dust. 100% of the time is spent in a plant environment.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.