The Machine Operator may be responsible for operating any of the following pieces of equipment robotic welder, CNC drill, CNC two blazer, roll forming machine, drill, and/or laser machine for different products and components according to product specifications, drawings, work order and or run schedules.
- Performance: Safety, Quality, Accuracy, Timeliness, Reliability, and Thoroughness of work performed.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Attention to Detail– Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved.
- Basic Aptitude– Ability to learn, adapt, understand, and solve problems.
- Teamwork– Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively with others towards accomplishing department objectives.
- Valuing Diversity– Creates an atmosphere of valuing and accepting others.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with colleagues and others in the organization.
- Support production, safety, and quality programs by following all rules, established processes, and proper work procedures as defined by the supervisor, written procedure, or Digital Manufacturing Order (DMO).
- Read and understand blueprints, machine specifications, and work orders.
- Complete set-up of equipment while using blueprints and/or set-up drawings.
- Ensure product quality by maintaining proper equipment settings and following established standard operating procedures.
- Verify product specifications and quality by performing measurements and inspections
- Sort and divide product per schedule needs
- Observe machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunctions.
- Responsible for troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and performing root-cause analysis
- Perform operator preventive maintenance per equipment schedule
- Uses and operates power tools and material handling equipment
- Follow all established safety guidelines and OSHA requirements; wear required PPE
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Work to continuously improve the operations of the department through Lean activities and improvement suggestions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, including housekeeping and work in other production areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six months to one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience highly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Detail-oriented and able to identify maintenance, product, or operations issues
- Ability to use a tape measure, box caliper, and micrometer
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Able to work shift hours, weekends, and overtime as necessary
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This position operates in an industrial manufacturing environment that is not climate controlled and experiences changing temperatures, noises from the use of industrial equipment, and atmospheric conditions such as welding smoke and grinding dust.
Production operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, steel-toed work boots, welding hood, respirators, welding gloves, sleeves, and other PPE as required to weld safety. Loose-fitting clothes are not permitted.
Position Type: This is a full time, non-exempt level position. Hours are dependent on the shift worked.
Physical Demands: The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and talk and hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Other requirements include:
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs
- Must be able to push and pull a maximum force in excess of 50 lbs
- Must be able to work proficiently with hands and wrists and be able to grasp objects
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 12 hours
- Must be able to recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools
- Must be able to operate machinery and be able to operate foot controls on equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.