Prescient’s digital design-build system is an efficient, integrated, and transparent approach for developers, architects, and GCs who plan, design, and build multi-family housing and hospitality structures. Designed to revolutionize the building environment, Prescient leverages the power of technology to link standardized architectural design and products, automated structural engineering, precise manufacturing, and rapid on-site assembly. With this powerful digital thread, Prescient is increasing ROI across the entire development, construction, and operating value chain.
The Logistics Supervisor is responsible for material handling, organization, and transport of Finished Goods from the final manufacturing step to the installation site, including interim storage. This role is based in Arvada, Co, and leads a team of approximately 5-6 employees to manage the Finished Goods Warehouse.
- Industry knowledge – Knowledge of the manufacturing industry, raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen events.
- Employee Management – Experience overseeing and/or directing non-exempt employees.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct subordinates towards company goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Assist in defining project handling scopes, schedules, required resources, metrics, and deliverables
- Prepare and communicate daily objectives and project planning with the Logistics team to include other area stakeholders
- Coordinate with various functions to align end-customer satisfaction with execution
- Accurate and timely documentation of product transactions
- Responsible for executing projects according to plan
- Responsible for on-time and complete deliveries
- Responsible for yard organization and inventory management
- Develop, lead, train logistics shipping clerks at the Arvada facility
- Provide weekly progress updates to the logistics manager
- In consultation with the logistics team help recruit, interview, and select staff with appropriate skills for the logistics activities
- Coach, empower and motivate employees to maximize impact and support development. Drive a culture of accountability, safety, lean manufacturing, and quality
- Review and approve employee timesheets, including overtime management
- Identify areas to optimize or improve process efficiency, or opportunities for automation
- Conduct process audits to ensure accuracy and quality
- Participate in daily plant meetings and provide critical updates from inventory areas
- Hands-on Lead with knowledge and ability to drive a forklift. Telehandler experience preferred
- Accountability for damage in the yard
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and procedures while accurately loading outbound shipments
- Lead 6-10 shipping clerks and facilitate on time deliveries
- Proper fixed location for finish goods in the yard to locate when pick list and/or inventory counts are required
- Maintain the yard safe, secure, and in order to maximize capacity
- Ensure accuracy with picklist for right quantities and SKU
- Effectiveness in the loading of trucks to ship accurately and maximize capacity
- 3+ years prior experience in a manufacturing environment. Steel fabrication experience is a plus
- Forklift certified
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with no DUI’s (CDL preferred)
- Must have a clean driving record
- Demonstrated experience leading a multifunctional team
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing processes, proper implementation, and ensuring compliance
- Ability to motivate and encourage teamwork within and outside the department to improve processes and performance.
- Working knowledge of computerized inventory control systems
- Working knowledge in MS Word, Excel, Oracle, or similar computer software applications
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in an industrial manufacturing environment or military
- B.S. or Associates Degree in related field
- Experience implementing Lean manufacturing principles and processes
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for managing 5+ employees across the department
Work Environment: Manufacturing plant, with the finished goods managed outdoors
Position Type: This is a full-time, exempt-level position
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is often required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee will also be required to work in outdoor conditions year-round. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.