Prescient’s digital design-build system is an efficient, integrated, and transparent approach for developers, architects, and GCs who plan, design, and build multi-family housing and hospitality structures. Designed to revolutionize the building environment, Prescient leverages the power of technology to link standardized architectural design and products, automated structural engineering, precise manufacturing, and rapid on-site assembly. With this powerful digital thread, Prescient is increasing ROI across the entire development, construction, and operating value chain.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Journeyman Carpenter. In this role, you will work on Prescient’s job site projects. We expect candidates to be proficient with industry hand and power tools and familiar with governmental safety regulations.
- Construction knowledge – Read and interpret blueprints and plans to determine how to install the projects assigned.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision-Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enable everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Follow all OSHA and company safety regulations
- Review blueprints to understand the project’s specifications
- Install pre-manufactured posts, panels, trusses and metal deck, heavy gauge, and light gauge steel framing
- Clean, maintain and store tools and equipment properly
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position
- High school diploma or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Completion of a vocational carpentry program or apprenticeship is highly preferred
- Proficient with industry hand and power tools
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Work well in a team setting as well as individually. Must have good interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude, extremely organized, detail-oriented and customer-focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while maintaining the utmost standards in quality and craftsmanship is a must. Must be able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to read shop drawings and fabricate through completion: accurately, independently, and with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Ability to maintain a clean and safe workspace and abide by safety standards. Occasionally required to stoop, kneel and lift up to 50 pounds
- Work in an environment where the noise is usually moderate to loud
- Willingness to pitch in with what is needed
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment: This position operates in the field, construction site environment, year-round in various climates. Work in an environment where the noise usually is moderate to loud
Position Type: This is a full-time, non-exempt level position
Physical Demands: Working conditions are a typical construction site with uneven surfaces, outdoor activity in all weather, extensive use of ladders. Must be capable to work in these conditions, able to lift up to 50 pounds, walk/stand 8-12 hours daily. Must be able to recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.