The Job Cost Accountant understands construction from design to build-out and is able to accurately and efficiently monitor and report on project P&L from each job, while understanding project plan vacancies.
- Demonstrates high level understanding of all Project Accounting functions and GAAP
- Monitors and control project estimates, budgets, commitments, forecasts and actual cost records
- Assists Finance Manager in designing, implementing and maintaining appropriate financial/operational procedures and processes
- Reviews reporting details for precision and importance
- Investigates project variances and ensure proper resolution
- Reports on KPI’s of projects to Executive level
- Month end closing procedures including reconciliations, reporting and documenting
- Audit projects after job closing
- Accurately calculates Earned Revenue by Percentage of Completion/Cost to Cost
- Reviews contracts to understand job accounting requirements
- Assists corporate staff with other duties on as-needed basis
- Key contributor to the monthly financial close process. Generating financial statements in accordance with local and US GAAP.
- Report on the financial past, present and future performance of projects, with a deep understanding for the drivers behind variances including earnings, expenses and operational growth.
- Ensure compliance with Corporate accounting practices and procedures and internal controls. Ensure complete compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements, ensuring procedures and internal controls are in place.
- Deep understanding of the business unit’s financial health and key drivers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Construction Industry background and the ability to understand construction from development to build out
- Advanced Excel including pivot tables, correctly linking and updating files, and v-lookups
- Construction job cost experience high preferred.
- BS Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 4+ year’s Cost Accounting experience
- 2+ year’s financial planning and analysis (budgeting) experience with the ability to review data and concisely write variance analysis explanations.
This person will have no direct reports.
This position operates in a typical office environment.
This is a full-time, exempt level position.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Some light walking around the office is necessary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.