The IT Support Technician is responsible for effective installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software. The IT Support Technician will participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. They will ensure reliable network systems and operations, system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values enabling the company Prescient as a whole.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Driven and results-orientated
- Effective reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and with tight deadlines
- The IT Support Technician will be working in Microsoft Windows-based environment that leverages Virtualization technologies, Office 365, Skype for Business, and Cisco based networks.
- Provide exceptional support for end-users at two sites – Manufacturing Plant and Executive Sales Office; providing assistance or direction to the other IT staff members – both local and remote. Travel will be required between sites.
- Receives general instructions for new responsibilities from the director and/or manager.
- Respond to IT support tickets/issues which include anything from hardware replacement to troubleshooting complex software issues across many platforms.
- Network Administration of the WAN, LAN, VPN, Wi-Fi, and firewall subsystems as needed.
- Proactive monitoring of all servers, applications, and services using a combination of tools to ensure high availability and SLA’s.
- Initiates some new responsibilities and helps to plan for the future of the site.
- As required, provides day-to-day operations support and system administration tasks.
- Evaluates and/or recommends purchases.
- Continue documentation of policies and procedures to IT-related functions.
- Provide all reports, KPIs, and documentation related to systems operations.
- Provide emergency on-call 24 hours / 7 days per week support (on a rotating basis).
- Other duties as assigned including ad hoc projects and tasks
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment: This position operates in a typical office environment
Position Type: This is a full-time, exempt-level position
Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Some light walking around the office and manufacturing facilities is necessary. Lifting up to 50 lbs. may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.