The Inventory/Production Supervisor is responsible for monitoring the plant cycle count program; ensure consistency and accuracy and identify all operational problems in inventory. This role leads a team of over 15 employees to manage material movement and ensure inventory accuracy in support of manufacturing operations. This role will also support and maintain stocking levels for all assigned departments. This position will also oversee the assigned production departments.
- Industry knowledge – Knowledge of the manufacturing industry, raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events.
- Administration and Employee Management – Experience overseeing and/or directing both exempt and non-exempt employees. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in tactical planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision- Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct a large hourly organization towards company goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals.
- Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enable everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Accomplishes inventory control results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Direct and coordinate shift operations of inventory activities by organizing workflow and ensuring that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitors inventory, receipts, scrap entry, and other inventory-related data to accurately maintain inventory levels of production material. This includes, but is not limited to KPI’s, audits to ensure cycle count accuracy, inventory turns, and other reports deemed necessary.
- Respond to inventory process issues: escalate, investigate, and recommend/initiate solutions.
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures for inventory control, including proper locations, and product number labels.
- Confers with other departments to coordinate the flow of materials and resolve errors.
- Takes direction from the Materials Manager regarding inventory targets, manpower, delivery, and process alignment.
- Coordinate cycle counts and manages the end of the year inventory process.
- Manages inventory loss and gain and provides insights to process gaps that drive results. Provides guidance regarding inventory variances.
- Conduct employee training in inventory operations or work and safety procedures as necessary.
- Drive a culture of accountability, safety, lean manufacturing, and quality.
- Identify areas to optimize or improve process efficiency, or opportunities for automation.
- Participate in daily/weekly plant meetings and provide critical updates from inventory areas.
- Performs daily Gemba walkthroughs and addresses urgent action items identified such as safety, cleanliness, Hr-Hr & SQDC boards, and proper operation technique.
- Work will consist of greater than 75% floor time, less than 25% administrative tasks.
- Perform the same work duties as those supervised or perform more difficult or skilled tasks or assist in their performance.
- Ensure that inventory operation is consistent with Lean manufacturing practices.
- Daily shift meetings & reports
- Timecard management
- Shift handoff
- Mentoring & coaching personnel
- High School diploma required. Certificate or Degree in business, Supply Chain, or related field highly preferred.
- 5+ years of proven experience in a Supervisory or similar role building teams, developing direct reports & managing in a dynamic work environment.
- Inventory control experience and warehouse operations in an ERP environment highly preferred.
- Must have strong leadership, oral and written presentation communication skills, team player mentality, negotiation skills, self-motivation, and a contributor attitude.
- Ability to handle a fast pace working environment, changing production demands, and a willingness to work weekends as needed if project demands.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Responsible for 15+ employees across inventory departments.
Work Environment: This position operates in an industrial manufacturing environment subject to environmental conditions that occur indoors/outdoors which includes but is not limited to exposure to changing temperatures, noises from the use of industrial equipment, and atmospheric conditions such as welding smoke and grinding dust.
Position Type: This is a full time, exempt level position.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is often required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary Range: $60,000- $70,000 DOE
Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
Flexible Spending Account
Health Savings Account
Basic Employee Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Critical Illness and Accident Supplemental Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
401(k) with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.