Human Resources Business Partner
The HR Business Partner is responsible for supporting Prescient’s leaders and employees in multiple areas. You will need to wear several hats, be a trusted advisor, strategist, consultant, analyst, change agent and coach. You will sit alongside and collaborate with business leaders to develop and implement strategies that support people and organizational needs in addition to facilitating the deployment of our HR Strategic Plan. In this position, the incumbent is resilient, pragmatic, adaptable, and a team player.
- Industry Knowledge – Knowledge and understanding of human resources, principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and Kaizen events.
- Administration and Employee Management – Experience overseeing and/or directing both exempt and non-exempt employees. Knowledge of business and management principles involved in tactical planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Analytical, Problem Solving and Decision- Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Flexibility- Ability to adapt as per business requirements
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct a large hourly organization towards company goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals.
- Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enables everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors and others in the organization.
Quickly establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal client groups, including employees, managers, and senior leaders.
Proactively partner with senior leaders to identify strategic issues, workforce planning or organizational design challenges and provide advice and expertise to help develop creative solutions.
Provides strategic guidance and effectively scale the application of the HR generalist disciplines including employee engagement, retention and talent development, succession planning, change, conflict and exit management, employment legislation, employee relations, performance management, investigations, job evaluation, compensation management, internal communication, coaching, data analytics, workforce planning, policy interpretation, career coaching, facilitation, and inclusion & diversity to positively impact Prescient’s culture of performance and safety.
Serves as a workforce champion and promotes a positive work environment and employee experience.
Facilitates trainings as needed, enables performance management and planning sessions with managers and employees.
Practices effective relationship management to elevate working relationships with internal client groups, including managers, senior leaders, and employees along with our global HR specialists.
Develops and implements HR-related projects and participates as a team member on special projects as needed. May lead projects within the team.
Fosters a continuous improvement mindset and continually look for opportunities to increase the return on investment of human resources programs for employees and leaders.
Collaborates within the HR Manager in Poland to communicate, facilitate, and/or present HR programs and initiatives to employee groups.
Works with human resource service representative(s) to ensure accurate completion of ad-hoc employee changes.
Assists with relevant HR administrative tasks as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
Minimum of 7 years of Human Resources experience in multiple human resource disciplines such as compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, succession planning, diversity, performance management, workforce planning, talent development and federal and state respective employment laws.
Demonstrated experience operating independently to resolve routine HR issues in a large and changing environment.
Ability to quickly establish and build effective working relationships.
Proven influencer and collaborator, with the ability to provide guidance and support to business clients.
Developed skills in coaching managers, facilitation, conflict resolution and relationship management.
Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and having a focus for action-orientation on results.
Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the core HR competencies including but not limited to compensation, benefits, employment law, organizational development, talent development and training, mentoring/coaching/facilitation, recruitment and workforce planning and an overall understanding of HR policies and programs along with an understanding of HR best practices.
Adaptability to rapidly changing demands.
Prior experience successfully operating in a geographically dispersed team is a plus.
Proven ability to influence a broad and diverse range of stakeholders through effective relationships, verbal, and written communication.
Ability to understand the business and challenges, and new and innovative approaches that result in improvements in team engagement, productivity, and organizational performance.
Proficient with MS Office Suite or related software.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has direct supervisory responsibilities and serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Work Environment: Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day. Travel may be required between other Prescient offices as needed.
Position Type: This is a full-time exempt position
Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift to 20 pounds. Occasionally, will be required to walk the manufacturing floor to support employee relations activities as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.