The Human Resource Coordinator provides administrative support to the human resource functions as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, and other duties as assigned.
- Industry knowledge – Knowledge of human resources principles, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen events.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision- Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enable everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Completes, verifies, and maintains I-9 documentation files
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks
- Completes verification of employment (VOE) and income (VOI) requests
- Cross-trained in payroll processing
- Assists with processing of terminations
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process
- Assists with weekly/monthly reporting, as needed
- Assists with employee on-boarding and orientation as needed
- Assists with employee functions and events as well as job fairs and HR related projects
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Director of HR
- Files documents into appropriate employee files
- Assist, prepares, mails, and emails correspondence as requested; and perform other clerical duties functions
- Prepares new-employee files
- Processes mail
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager
- Work to continuously improve the operations of the department through Lean activities and improvement suggestions.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred
- At least two years of related human resources experience required in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment: This role typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone, and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the workday.
Position Type: This is a full-time, non-exempt level position
Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift to 20 pounds. Occasionally, will be required to walk the manufacturing floor to support employee relations activities as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.