EHS AND TRAINING COORDINATOR (EHSTC)
The EHSTC is responsible for developing health and safety programs and objectives as well as coordinating the site-specific or company-wide training related to manufacturing and safety disciplines. Monitors safety and health regulations in a heavy, lean, multiple-shift, manufacturing environment and provides technical support to plant personnel to ensure compliance with federal and state safety and health regulations.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with people at all levels.
- Ability to learn to operate manufacturing equipment and train manufacturing employees.
- Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Provides technical safety and health support and information to production personnel.
- Prepares written safety and health programs and policies.
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs.
- Participates in new product/process reviews, including process hazard analysis and operator training.
- Supports plant management in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment where adjustment or new protective equipment is needed.
- Reviews and follows up with supervisors to ensure timeliness, appropriateness of accident investigations and follow through on corrective action and root cause analysis.
- Implements and monitors loss prevention initiatives to reduce injuries and workers’ compensation costs.
- Supports plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
- In cooperation with plant management, implements and maintains a 5S methodology and provides daily safety metrics.
- Creates and develops a culture of safety and promotes safety and housekeeping awareness.
- Leads the efforts necessary to develop a framework and implement a hazard communication program and preparation of necessary reports.
- Reviews process-operating procedures/records and provides input for safety and health considerations.
- Actively participates in the identification of manufacturing training needs and supports the development of program requirements to ensure effective training of production employees.
- Develops and maintains training curricula and training schedules for all manufacturing employees.
- Develops and maintains skills matrices or other relevant learning management systems for manufacturing and other related departments.
- Participates in Kaizen events held in all Prescient plants and supports the efforts of completion of Kaizen newspaper items as they relate to manufacturing and EHS.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience working with a multifunctional team
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles
- Strong desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes
- Ability and willingness to travel when required
- Continually embrace personal and professional development
- Ability to support multi-shift operations as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety sciences, engineering or business
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Certified Safety Professional or Industrial Hygienist credentials are strongly preferred.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position operates in a typical manufacturing plant and office environment.
- This is a full-time, exempt level position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to This person must be able to perform normal office duties, sitting for extended periods of time and attending meetings as required. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus. Lifting requirements include lifting up to 50-75 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.