The Construction Superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete projects on schedule and within budget. This includes maintaining the highest level of safety and quality, supervising all trade and field personnel, and producing and maintaining project records and reporting.
- Industry knowledge – Knowledge of the construction industry, materials, processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques.
- Administration and Employee Management – Experience overseeing and/or directing trade and field personnel. Knowledge of management principles involved in tactical planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, and coordination of people and resources.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision- Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on project needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations. Safety and quality-driven.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct personnel towards project goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals. This includes installation team members within Prescient and subcontracted
- Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enable everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Maintaining a safe work environment and enforcing all corporate safety procedures
- Ability to lead project teams and provide training to assistant Supervisors
- Ability to thrive with self-direction and an unrelenting drive to close projects on time and within or under budget
- Project documentation of daily on-site activities, schedule updates, e-mail correspondence and other activities necessary to keep all project stakeholders informed and to protect the interests of the company
- Conducting and/or attending pre-construction, progress and other necessary meetings
- Participation in training and other forms of continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensuring work is installed per the plans and specifications and all quality procedures are implemented
- Communicating job expectations with ownership, general contractors and subcontractors
- Generating and managing to production schedules
- Jobsite inventory control of materials
- This position requires up to 100% travel
- College degree preferred but not required
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Ability to create a systemic approach in carrying out assignments
- Proven experience in field supervision, scheduling, quality control, and project construction activities
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral form or via Prescient applications
- Proficiency with MS Office and email
- Work effectively in a fast pace environment
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the supervision of all trade and field personnel
Work Environment: This position operates in the field, construction site environment, year-round in various climates
Position Type: This is a full time, exempt level position
Travel Demands: This position requires up to 100% travel
Physical Demands: Working conditions are a typical construction site with uneven surfaces, outdoor activity in all weather, extensive use of ladders. Must be capable to work in these conditions, ability to lift up to 50 pounds, walk/stand 8 hours daily. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may be added or changed at any time with or without notice.
- Medical & Dental Insurance (Employee premium is 100% paid by Prescient)
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Basic Employee Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness and Accident supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistant Program
- 401(k) Plan with safe harbor match
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.