The Construction Safety Coordinator provides on-site leadership of the Construction Safety function as described below.
- Industry knowledge – Extensive knowledge of the construction industry, relevant Safety regulatory standards and programs.
- Analytical, Problem Solving and Decision- Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and to clearly communicate decisions based on outcomes of the Construction Safety needs and objectives.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within determined timeframe and expectations.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct a construction site teams towards company Construction Safety goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals.
- Conflict Resolution Skills- Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enables everyone to work together and to maintain safe construction site environment.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with leadership, peers, contractors and others in and outside of the organization.
- Create and implement safety plans while ensuring that they are being followed daily.
- Educate employees on safety standards and expectations as well as safe machinery operation.
- Investigate accidents that occur onsite and investigate their possible causes.
- Attend safety walks and inspections before or during each project to analyze safety risks.
- Act as a Safety liaison between Prescient, Subcontractors and General Contractor.
- When necessary, conduct COVID-19 procedures to provide a safe work environment.
- Direct involvement and coordination of all required pre-construction safety meetings, contractor safety orientations, weekly site safety inspections, incident/accident reporting and investigations and research of safety topics.
- As assigned by Construction Safety Manager and/or company management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated understanding of federal or state OSHA industry-specific standards and requirements, ability to adapt to these requirements.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and priorities while meeting performance targets and deadlines.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective professional relationships with employees and project managers.
- Leadership skills, such as the ability to motivate, positively influence, provide constructive feedback and stimulate the growth of Safety culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office/Office 360 and Procore.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to excellence.
- Min. 5 years of demonstrated experience as a construction safety coordinator or similar.
- At minimum, must hold OSHA 30-hour card for Construction, be First Aid/CPR certified and possess extensive training in fall protection.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Earned associate or bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety.
- Other Construction Safety-related certifications are a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: This position will work in typical construction outdoor environments, likely in adverse weather conditions, year-round.
Position Type: Contract with agreed upon duration depending on company needs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The individual must possess the ability to walk, stand, sit, bend, balance, climb stairs or ladders and lift, carry, push/pull a minimum of 50 pounds; maximum of 100 pounds with assistance. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is generally required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; squat; and use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects or controls. Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.