The Business Analyst, ERP works closely with both the business and technical teams and is a major contributor to the requirements specification deliverable, discovers, and documents the business processes. This role understands business and ensures that there is integration between business and technology. The goal of business process analysis is to understand and document current business procedures and identify areas for improvement. A thorough understanding of the current state of the organization is necessary prior to recommending changes related to implementing a new business solution.
- Technology knowledge – Deep understanding of building Work Process Diagrams, ERP and/or Relational Database Management Systems
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles – Knowledge of Lean tools, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, and Kaizen events.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision- Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicating decisions based on business needs.
- Results Focused – Drive to achieve or exceed targets and goals within a determined timeframe and quality expectations.
- Leadership Skills – Ability to lead and direct a large hourly organization towards company goals and objectives and the ability to hold people accountable to achieve those goals.
- Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enable everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Responsible for analyzing and modeling existing business processes.
- Creates business process diagrams and identifies areas for optimization.
- Translates complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language and uses graphics as much as possible to encourage understanding.
- Performs feasibility analysis, scopes projects, and works with the project management team to prioritizes deliverables, and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Provides analytic support by coordinating data extraction from various databases and data interpretation.
- Partners with development and analytic teams to provide reporting on software solutions.
- Participates in Implementation testing including Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and Functionality Testing.
- Collaborates in a fast-paced environment with teams in technology, operations, and business communities to develop a comprehensive knowledge of the business, data, and technical environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and versatility, adapting to different roles and working styles as called for by the team and project
- Clearly articulates the business context to the internal teams and technical concepts to business audiences
- Understands how to write concise software requirements for a software developer.
Other Duties/Responsibilities: Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or IT at a minimum.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree and/or software product management experience preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a Functional, Data, or Business Analyst.
- 3+ years’ experience in Databases, Excel, Visio, and MS Project/P6.
- 3+ years’ experience with an ERP system.
- 2+ years’ developing queries, Stored Procedures, and constructing relational databases.
- Demonstrated success working within an agile environment with geographically dispersed teams and technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication, including technical writing and presentation.
- Strong data analysis skills, including experience with data services & APIs.
- Extensive facilitation skills with various techniques to engage the team.
- A high degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Highly proactive attitude and track record of hitting the ground running in new projects.
- Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn the culture.
- Deep understanding of the Work Process Diagram discovery and creation.
- Deep understanding of writing database queries for Online Transaction Processing and Online Analytical Processing Databases.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: This role typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone, and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the workday.
Position Type: This is a full -time, exempt level position
Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Unlawful Harassment
Prescient is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 and over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.