The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the accurate data entry of all vendor invoices, responding in a timely manner to vendor inquiries, communicating with team members when issues arise and organization of all AP documents, check stubs, and emails. This individual will also handle the processing of incoming payments and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipt.
- Customer Service Orientation – Demonstrates concern for meeting internal/external customers’ needs.
- Attention to Details– Ability to accomplish/complete tasks while demonstrating a thorough concern for all the areas involved. This means monitoring and checking work/information, while organizing time and resources efficiently.
- Adaptability– Changes behavioral style or method of approach when necessary to achieve a goal; adjusts style as appropriate to the needs of the situation. Responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives.
- Analytical, Problem Solving, and Decision-Making Skills – Ability to solve complex problems and clearly communicate decisions based on business needs.
- Conflict Resolution Skills– Ability to identify and address differences between groups or individuals and find common grounds that enables everyone to work together.
- Professionalism/Communication Skills – The ability to behave professionally with all levels of the organization. Demonstrate high standards and good communication skills with subordinates, colleagues, suppliers, vendors, and others in the organization.
- Responsible for processing and submitting on-time and accurate monthly invoices to include all required supporting documentation, as well as general contractor required forms (ie; COI’s, lien waivers, supplier lists, warranties, etc.).
- Timely and accurate application and deposit of all company receipts.
- Work with the project team to assure timely payment receipt
Other Duties/Responsibilities: Performs other related duties as assigned
- Associates degree (or higher) in accounting or equivalent with at least 3 years of experience in clerical accounting within a business environment
- Accounting experience in the Construction Industry is highly preferred
- Self-starter who is highly analytical, organized, has strong planning and time management skills
- Positive attitude and a willingness to accept some level of flexibility in their role (This role could very well change as the company does)
- Basic to intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suites, mainly Excel
- Basic knowledge and familiarity with accounting software
- Critical Thinking skills
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment: This role typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone, and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the workday.
Position Type: This is a full-time, exempt-level position.
Physical Demands: This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Some light walking around the office is necessary. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.